Light On A Hill
COVID-19 Reopening – June 14, 2020
I am sure you like myself have missed being able to gather together for worship in the House of the Lord. At Light On A Hill Church, we consider COVID-19 to be a very serious concern. Even with the lessening of the restrictions on gathering in public we want to keep the health and safety of our church members and visitors a very high priority. With these concerns in mind, we will be implementing the following guidelines for our initial reopening.
We will continually evaluate the available data on the risks associated with COVID-19 and we will update these guidelines as necessary over time. It is our sincere hope that we will be able to continue to reduce the restrictions soon while keeping everyone safe.
If you are in a high-risk category and are not comfortable being in public settings then we recommend you stay at home and participate via the weekly podcasts on our website.
Please stay at home if:
- You have a fever
- You have any symptoms of COVID-19
- You have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19
- You are not feeling well even if the symptoms are not consistent with COVID-19
Protocol and Changes To Be Implemented For Reopening
- Close off the door to the fellowship area. Access to the back area of the church building will be very limited. General access is only to the entry area and the sanctuary
- Restrooms will only be available for emergencies. Please attempt to plan accordingly to avoid the necessity of using the restrooms if at all possible.
- Please be seated by families.
- Maintain a separation of 6 feet (2 seats) between others not in your family
- Skip seating on every other row
- Children must remain seated with parents at all times
- When you enter the building please proceed immediately to the sanctuary and be seated.
- Please make every effort to avoid getting up once you are seated.
- There will be no coffee, food, etc. for the initial reopening
- Do not come forward for prayer. You may remain seated or kneel at your seat during prayer time
- At the end of our worship time, we ask that you exit one family at a time and immediately exit outdoors
- Use of a face mask is encouraged
At this time there will not be any Sunday School, Wednesday Night meetings, or Kids Church. If you have younger children you may want to come prepared with activities to keep them occupied since children will remain in the sanctuary.
If you have additional questions please contact us.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. God Bless, Pastor Tommy.